Friday, October 24, 2008

Ice Skating

Yes, we ice skate in the south...who cares that it is at a mall. It is still ice skating, right?



Ice Skating has become a family tradition every time we visit a nearby city that is home to the mall ice skating rink. We have had so much fun on that rink! We laugh and act silly. I think we all just enjoy the undivided attention of spending time together as a family doing something fun and out of the ordinary.


E has went ice skating at this mall at least one time each year for the last 5 years. She is getting pretty good at it. She wants to do figure eights, the twirls and all the fancy jumps that she sees real skaters do. I wish I could do it too. My goal is just to stay on my feet!


This was really the first time for S to be out on the ice for any length of time. Last year, she went out there for maybe 10 minutes and then realized she did not enjoy falling. Now being a year older, she was determined to learn. At first, she hung onto the sides. I finally convinced her to hold my hand and venture away from the wall.


We then made it straight down the middle of the rink. By the end of our 2 and half hour session, she was skating to me by herself. I was so proud of her. She was so brave!


B was upset that he could not skate this time, but he still has on his cast. There was no way I was letting him out on the ice!

Maybe one day we will be able to experience ice skating on a frozen lake...well actually, I am not so sure I would want to do that...maybe we will still stick with the mall rink after all!

No comments: