Thursday, October 23, 2008

Charlotte's Web


The three older kids and I went to see Charlotte's Web at our state Shakespeare Festival. We had a great time. I love that the kids are old enough to enjoy plays.

I love to hear them laugh at the silly parts. I love to talk to them afterwards about their favorite parts and hear why they liked it. For Charlotte's Web, I think we all agreed it was the chase scene. Wilbur came and sat in the audience hiding from Mr. Zuckerman ....they all thought it was the funniest thing!

I love to hear what they think about the different characters and get their take on the actors dressed in the costumes. B was not fooled by the guy who played three different characters...mainly because he had air cast on his sprained foot. B said I know it is him, just look at his leg!


E loved Charlotte the most. She thought it was neat how they were able to do the writing in Charlotte's web. (It really was creative!)


S loved Templeton and his goggles. She also loved Wilbur's nose. During the Q and A time with the actor's, the guy who played Wilbur showed how the nose moved everytime he breathed! S thought it was funny so she liked Wilbur's nose...it's funny the little things that they find interesting!


Days like today...moments spent together watching a play with the kids...seeing the joy on their faces...it is just priceless!

No comments: