Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Concrete Has Been Poured!

As many of you know, we bought land over the summer and we are waiting for our house to sell before we start building our dream home.

We made the decision to go ahead and build a garage with a back storage room. This will help alleviate some crowding problems we have at the moment and allow us to start moving some of our things now.

Scot has been working on this for the past month. He has done the majority of the work by himself. I am so proud of the hard work that he has put into this project. He has sacrificed so much of himself to do it!

I think today was the first big pay off for him. He has spent many long hours getting the foundation ready for concrete and today the trucks rolled in at 7 am to pour!

You can check out pictures here to see the beautiful foundation.

Warning: It may only look like a slab to you, but it is Scot's baby and he is a proud papa!


We are all so excited because something is actually happening out on our land!!! I will be honest it is making me even more ready to start building our house. I have to constantly remind myself to be patient and wait for God's perfect timing. I am thankful I can rest in the fact that God will sell our house in HIS timing - my responsibility is to be faithfully trusting Him as I wait.

You can follow us in our journey to our dream home on our other blog at ourhomeoncountyroad39.blogspot.com I try to update it as new things happen, so be sure to check back.

1 comment:

Karis said...

Yeah for the concrete being poured. Scot should be proud of the slab. Good for him working so hard.

Oh yes, the waiting thing... always difficult for me.

Sounds like you guys are being very wise with what God has given you.