Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Photo Shoot

I wanted to go to the Botanical Gardens to take some pictures of the kids, but when we arrived, we only had 20 minutes before they closed. I decided it was not worth risking the automatic gate locking us in for the night, so we went to our land instead.

I am glad we did. The sun was starting to set and it was just beautiful. Not to mention it was great lighting for the pics!

Here are some highlights from our photo shoot.










This one of M and S was one of the first pics I took.




They were doing great sitting on this old limb when suddenly it rolled a little bit which scared M (even more so because she could not catch herself from falling because of her cast).

She also had on a skirt and the rolling limb scraped her leg. From that point on, she was upset and would not let me take any more pics of her. I felt terrible because she is always so cooperative with getting her picture taken and I did not have a single good shot of her from that day!

This is one of my favorites.


I wish M was in on the love, but instead she was doing this....

Just keeping it real....

I really want to get a great picture of all of them together in their blue and green. I guess we will try again in the next few days...maybe then, M won't get hurt!

3 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Those are great pictures. What a fun idea to go out and get pictures of your kids. They are very cute!

Karis said...

Absolutely loved the pictures and thanks for including the "keeping it real" picture. We can all identify with that picture.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and especially "keeping it real". As always, you do such a good job and I love that you are doing this!