Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Few Fall Decorations

It is finally feeling like fall! I can now justify wearing jeans and can finally wear my favorite sweaters and/or long sleeves! I just hope the nice cool temperatures stay around for a little while at least!

I have had my fall decorations out for the last several weeks, but I kinda felt foolish seeing as the temperatures were in the 80 and 90's!


I love to display pictures of the kids from past fall seasons...





and to put pumpkins in jars with a bow as an extra touch.



For my fireplace mantel this year, I tried to add just a few things such as candles, pumpkins and brown glassware. I usually go all out and cover the entire mantel, but I wanted to keep it simple this year-you know, just a few touches here and there.




I added a few pumpkin of different shapes, sizes, and textures to the top of the side board in the kitchen.


On the dining room table, I placed fall colored leaves in a tall bucket sitting on a wooden tray filled with pine cones.
Simple, but festive. Just enough to remind you that fall is finally here, at least for a bit!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Everything is beautiful!