Monday, March 30, 2009

Our First Date

March 30, 1994, Scot and I went out on our first date. It is hard to believe that was 15 years ago today!


We were both in our sophomore year at a christian college in Florida. His friend, Vidor, was in the nursing program along with my friend, Connie. We saw each other a couple times hanging out around campus with our friends who knew each other. Scot wanted to ask me out. We had only seen each other around, but were not in the same classes or anything.



Since our friends knew each other, the guys came up with the idea to make it a double date. Scot and I hit it off instantly. We talked as if we had known each other forever.


He was sweet, funny, charming, and just so real. I remember when he dropped me off at the dorm, I knew he was someone special. I can honestly say, in my heart, I just knew he was THE one.

I am so glad that we went out on that first date...look where we are because of it! 15 years later - married for almost 13 years with 4 kids - what a beautiful dream come true! I am so thankful that I get to spend forever with that same sweet, charming, funny, loving, kind, really amazing guy!

3 comments:

Ohio Mom said...

And he (and we) was lucky enough to get a sweet, charming, funny and amazing girl that we are blessed to have graced our family. (And those absolutely darling and wonderful kids you two produced!!!)

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

What a great memory to have! God is so good to bring you two together and giving
you a family to raise!

Main Street Mom said...

Girl, you are not gonna believe that I do not remember arranging THE date.... I am glad it has been such a good thing...and that you and Scot are such a happy, loving couple...with no regrets....happy anniversary of that first date!