Sunday, February 12, 2012

Spinach Tomato Soup

I am not sure where I originally saw this recipe, but after trying it, I knew it was a keeper. The problem is I do not have the exact recipe! I have searched the internet and have found different versions (some with pasta added), but I loved the original so much I knew I had to try to duplicate it. This is how I make it to my liking, you can adjust the herbs and seasonings to your taste as well.

It is so quick and delicious...not to mention healthy!

1 can great northern beans
1 can diced tomatoes
16 oz chicken broth
3 or 4 oz of frozen spinach
chicken breast, cooked and shredded (optional: I have eaten it both ways and loved them both!)
small onion, diced
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Combine in sauce pan, simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.

Quick and delicious!

No comments: