Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Southern Treat

Down South we LOOOVE boiled peanuts and my family is no exception! This afternoon we boiled a little more than 3 pounds of peanuts. It took about 2 hours to boil and about 20 minutes to devour!

I should have taken more pictures, but I was too busy eating my southern treat before they were all gone!

The following is a basic recipe that you can adjust according to the amount of peanuts you will be boiling.

1 pound peanuts
2 Tbsp salt
4 cups of water


Rinse raw, unshelled peanuts.

Put all ingredients into stock pot. Bring to a boil. Cover and boil for 2-3 hours, until peanuts reach level the level of softness that you like.




Drain. Eat while hot! (You will notice the pictures look a little blurry...that is from the steam from the peanuts!)

Just for some humor, I have to repeat what my little M kept saying....

"Look my peanut is tee-teeing on me."

If you have eaten boiled peanuts before, you will understand!

No comments: